Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Fun Day

So I might be a couple of days behind, so here we go with Sunday

We started off the day with wonderful church.  I was able to see a couple friends there.  The ward is translated into English by the missionaries.  They it in the back with a microphone and everyone who needs English has headphones.  It is great! 

After church we went shopping at the best maker, wararot.  It is where the thai people shop, so no white people in site.  That means really good prices.  We walked around for a couple hours.  I might be coming home sooner then planned ith they way I am shopping. 

Next it was an adventure to go buy some Silver for my grandma.  I bought some for her last time I was here, and she wanted more.  They only problem is I couldn't find the shop.  After driving around the same dang four books for 30 min we finally found it.  Just our luck it was closed!  I guess we just have to come back. 

Lunch was next.  It had been a whole ten min since we ate last so of course we needed to eat.  Here was the sign outside where we ate.  Anyone need a home expert?

We ate delicious food.  I don't think there is such thing as bad food here. Me and Weston living life!


After lunch we went to a really cool place.  It was a umbrella factory.  They not only make them here they paint them.  They are all hand painted and they are amazing.  

My mom having a jolly good time. 

Here is one of the artists.  Not only do they paint umbrellas they will paint on anything you want.  I had them paint me and Ladd a shirt.  This man is painting ladds tiger.  


Here is the finished products.   All done in about 15 min.  

After the factory it was off to my host brothers in laws house (I hope that makes sense).  His father in law is an artist.  But we also met the grandfather,  he might be the cutet old man ever.  He is making a broom. 


To finh off the day we went to a traditionl thai show.  The show includes tradition northern Thai food (which FYI is way better than my other food in thailand) and dancing.  You sit on the floor and eat all ou want. 

Those stellar things you see in the picture are fresh fried bananas.  


The show showed traditional hill tribes.  These outfits are their traditional dress.  When I first taught here I had students from every single one of these tribes.


My new best friend Margo.  Long story short we met at the airport in Portland and have spent many a hours together.  She seeks Thai!!!!


My mom attempting to dance.  Notice the hands of the Thais and my moms hands.  One is more graceful then the other!  

Me and Weston cheezing it up.


These are hand made out of paper.


Time for a killer workout. 


This is what we look like after a really long day.  












No comments:

Post a Comment