Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Feels Like Home

It was so nice to finally get here to thailand.  The first time I came here I was so scared and I was going through a Super hard time in my life.  Now, this place feels like my second home.  I might not speak thai, but I am darn good at speaking English with a Thai accent!  

First on the agenda was the kings palace.  I have never seen so much gold in my entire life!  I was on gold overload.  


That skirt was about a million degrees.  You have to wear long plants or skirt if you want to go in the temples.  I was one sweaty mess!!!



More gold and a random thai man.  


I would tell you what these are called in Thai, but I really can't remember.  Let's just call the guardians of the temples.  


The whole building was this mosaic.  It was incredible!  I look pretty incredible doing my model pose too ;)


I am doing my "it s hot face"



Weston looks dunk, but I don't think he is.  I guess he could be there is tons of Chang (elephant) beer here!  Jk


Super cute Thai guards.  I look a little too happy.  I am sure thy thought I was crazy!

After the palace we were off to a floating market.  You buy things from these boats that float down the river.  Nothing better than food straight off a boat.


We experienced driving around Thailand in a tuk tuk, a thi three wheeled car.  On the safety scale it is pretty low.  (the safety scale is something me a my friend came up ith the first time here.  0 being totally unsafe and 10 being super safe.  There are many things in this country that are 1s and 2s.  Tuk tuks are probably a good solid 4). 


After a crazy ride what better way to relax then a massage.  I don't love massages but my mom does.  My mom dad and brother all got a message I got a pedicure.  


A little shopping was after that to finish off a great day.  

Tomorrow we are off to the ancient Capitol and the monkey city!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment