Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Getting Ready


Getting Ready for Boise 70.3

This will be my second Boise 70.3 and I can't wait!  Last year I did not race, thank goodness!  The weather was terrible
 
This how the winners rode their bikes! YIKESSSS  I hope that wont be me this year.

Getting ready for a race is a process.  What to eat during the race, what to eat before the race, what to wear during the race, what gear to bring, do I need cold stuff or warm stuff....and the list keeps going.  I listed the most important things first, the food!

 That seems like so much food, but I have to have options.   When I race I usually pack all of that and then I forget to eat most of it.  OOPS!!  But two things that will get eaten for sure are those Peanut M&M's and the Pringles are the best on the bike. 

The next most important things are the clothes.  I LOVE that SOAS tri outfit.  It is super comfy and cute, which is hard to find in tri clothes.  Body Glide is SUPER important as well!  Notice I have two, I wish I could bathe in it before a race :)

Now that the the two most important things are done I can relax.  I am leaving tomorrow morning with my mom and dad, who are also racing.  I can't wait to race and see how well I do.  For me doing well is not about beating people it is about beating myself and having fun.  If I can do those two things then I consider my race a success! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment