Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Thought I was Going to Die

Before we got on our bus to Siem Riep from Phnom Penh we had the best thing ver.  A banana shake.  I normally don't love bananas but this was amazing.  And for 50 vents why not have two!!



What a group of weirdos.  

After that we went to the local night market.   My mom, dad and Weston decided to get a fish massage.  The weirdest thing ver.  These fist come and et the dead skin off your feet.  I am deathly afraid of fish.  I thought I might try do I out one finger in and it was terrible.  The fish had TEETH!!! 


So instead I went and ate a banana chocolate crepe.   


And then we took the bus ride that I thought I might die.  It left at midnight and was suppose to be 6 hours and we were to have beds.  All of which was not true.  As we were boarding we had to take off our shoes and put them in a plastic bag.  Inside the bus there were two rows of beds, one on top of the other.  We were super unlucky and got the bottom.  The top at least had windows.  The beds were in a fixed position that was no where big enough for white people.   


We Might look happy in this picture but no!!!  To make matters worse at the beginning they handed out waters to everyone but me and Weston.  They ran out!  

And the the worst part was the man behind my mom was snoring so loud!!!  Not just any snore it came from his mouth.  At time I thought he was going to die,  I actually wanted him to!  If you have ever seen Heavyweights, he sound like Lars snoring!  

During the night the bus driver would honk and swerve and slam on the brakes all allowing me not one. In of sleep.  I kept thinking if we roll this bus I am dead.  We had no way of seeing what was going on.  It was super claustrophobic!!!

The bus trip ended up being 7 and a half hours.  When we got to Siem Riep I was just happy to be alive.  Next to my boat trip to Laos this was the worse thing in Asia!!! I would not recommend the night bus!






1 comment:

  1. Don't take the fast boats to Laos!!! Bad idea. I will now never take the night bus to Siem Reap. Thanks Malee!

    ReplyDelete