Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Biggest Competition

My mom is by far my biggest competition!  She is an AMAZING athlete!  Not many 26 years old's can say that their mom has beat them in almost all their races.  In years past my mom has not only beat me, but she has killed me!  I am finally at the point where we are pretty equal.  She has pushed me to be better in every race.  
Right before the race from HELL.  This was the St. George Ironman which had 40 mile per hour wind gusts.  Not fun to swim or bike in.   At this point of the race we were all smiles, but about 10 min later all hell broke loose, and we didn't have those same smiles anymore.


The best person to help with my wet suit is my mom!


 The Olympic trials watching my Cousin compete!

New Zealand Ironman that turned into a 70.3.  During this race my mom was only 30 seconds ahead of me on the run, but finished 4 min in front of me.  She decided that she wasn't going to stop for anything because she knew that I was right behind her!  

This was the after the St. George 70.3.  Yes, that is a one I am holding up and that is a two she is holding up.  It was the first time I was able to beat her.  I only beat her by one min, and she wont let me forget that!

But now she is out to get me....I am nervous.  I will have to push really hard to beat her again on Saturday!   I am so grateful to have such an awesome mom who makes me a better person!

No comments:

Post a Comment