Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Be Careful

I have had a great time since being home.  The 4th of July is by far my most favoritest holiday!  I love everything about it.  The day before we go save our parade spots.  We have to have someone there all day or else your spots get stolen.  It is pretty intense and fights have happened in the past.  This year was a fight free year.  Woot!  

The morning of the 4th it is all about the race followed by the parade.  I did the 10k and Ladd did the 5k.  Usually we have way more people doing it but my mom was injured and Madi is on a mission.  I was really happy with my time I was 26th women overall and 3rd in my age.  It is a big race do I can't complain.  

After the race we hurried over to the parade.  You have never been to a parade until you have gone with my family.  My dad loves parades and makes them so fun.  every politician we yell so and so for president.  If a guy and girl elk by it I always, kiss her kiss her.  We yell at the band members to play a solo.  You get idea, a lot of heckling.  This year however we got a new one for the beauty queens.  My cousin Mark googled the beauty queens names.  When the float would come by we would chant the 3rd place girls name and say she got robbed.  Oh man the looks on their faces we're priceless.  1st placed was super mad and 3rd place was trying to figure out who the heck we were.  

After the great parade it was off to swimming or the afternoon at the Ferrins then a BBQ.  The day couldnt have been much better!!!! 
(I had pictures but Ladd deleted them sorry) 

Now more important matters.  On Monday me and my mom went on a bike ride that didn't end so well.   We were suppose to just be doing a fun 20 mile climb up the canyon.  This is how it ended...



We had just turned around at the top and were descending going about 30 miles per hour.  My mom was in front( I hate oung downhill fast and he loves it).  We came around a corner to find a lady in our lane.  My mom tried to swerve to avoid her, well the other lady did the same thing.  The ran right into each other.  My mom flew into the bushes up ove her hanle bars.  It was so scarey to see.  

Long story short, two ambulances a fire truck and another truck later they took both my mom and the other lady to the hospital.  She ended up with a broken clavicle and some nice rode rash.  But in true ironman fashion the first thing she asked was, "is my bike okay?". Hahaha  I think every true cyclist who has Been in a crash says that same thing!  

She is bummed she can't race the rest of the season.

Her nurse ended up being a lady from our ward.  


Her cute outfit to go see the orthopedic doctor.  


Moral of the story, cyclist please be careful.  Stay on your side of the rode.  And if someone is on your side just stay to the right!  

No comments:

Post a Comment